Return to Awards Home
This ATHE award honors a college-level faculty member whose superiority as a teacher of theatre is recognized by students and colleagues, who has provided inspiration through instruction in theatre to students and teachers of theatre, who has promulgated and practiced high standards of teaching and theatre, and who has created strong and effective interpersonal communication in studios, shops, rehearsal halls, and/or classrooms through advising, mentoring and all aspects of the student/teacher relationship. Candidates should be known for supporting multiculturalism and diversity in theatre and/or education.
View a list of past awardees here
- Have taught at the college level, either full or part-time for ten years.
(These need not be consecutive.)
- Have had tremendous impact on students as scholars/artists and on their lives as members of the theatre community.
- Be an outstanding teacher in any area of theatre.
- Have created in students the effects listed above.
- Be nominated by a current member of ATHE.
- Submit up to ten letters of nomination support
The awardee will receive $400 in travel expenses (reimbursement), conference registration and conference hotel stay.
For questions or concerns, contact Ann Folino White, Vice President for Awards, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submissions is February 15, 2018.