Seeking Nominations for ATHE Election Slate
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
The ATHE Nominations committee seeks nominations (and self-nominations) for the following six (6) elected positions:
- Vice President for 2022 Conference
- Vice President for Membership & Marketing
- Vice President for Research & Publications
- Representative to the Nominations Committee
Please e-mail nominations, including self-nominations, to Harvey Young, ATHE Immediate Past President and Chair of the Nominations Committee, at email@example.com before 30 March 2020.
The Secretary shall:
- serve as recorder for meetings of the Governing Council and for the annual and special meetings of the membership;
- maintain records pertinent to the operation of the Association;
- summarize actions of the Governing Council for publication;
- cause to have published all notices of meetings and elections pertinent to members;
perform such other duties as are customary or as may be assigned by the Governing Council;
- serve as Chair of the Electronic Technology Steering Committee
- supervise transfer of records and archival materials;
- and annually evaluate the accuracy of the Bylaws and recommend amendments to the Governing Council.
The Treasurer shall:
- prepare the annual budget in consultation with the President and President-Elect;
- arrange procedures for the receipt and disbursement of funds according to the approved annual budget;
- issue at the Annual Meeting (and at other times to the Governing Council at its request) a full written report of the financial status and transactions of the Association;
- prepare and submit tax statements as required by law;
- prepare a financial statement available for audit at the end of the fiscal year;
- perform other such duties as are customary or as may be assigned by the Governing Council;
- serve as Chair of the Finance Committee;
- and serve as a member of the Strategic Planning Committee.
The Vice President-Elect for Conference 2022 shall:
- shall serve as Chair of the Conference Committee, which is charged with overseeing all conference activities.
The Vice President for Membership and Marketing shall:
- serve as Chair of the Membership and Marketing Committee, which is charged with promoting the mission of ATHE through the expansion and diversification of the membership and membership services.
The Vice President for Research and Publications shall:
- serve as Chair of the Research and Publications Committee, which is charged with overseeing and facilitating ongoing research and publications’ activities of the Association;
- stimulating projects that promote new research and publication activities;
- and forwarding recommended documents for approval by the Governing Council.
The Representative to the Nominations committee shall:
- serve as a member of the Nominations Committee, which is charged with preparing a slate of nominees for election of officers and the elected member of the Nominating Committee.