ATHE AWARDS 2020: Now Accepting Nominations and Submissions
Thursday, November 14, 2019
The ATHE Awards Committee is pleased to announce the call for nominations and submissions for its ten prestigious awards. These awards honor excellence in and exceptional contributions to teaching, scholarship, playwriting, and artistic practice in educational and professional theatre. The entire ATHE community is encouraged to submit their outstanding work or to nominate individuals, projects, and endeavors that have advanced the study and practice of theatre and performance.
The deadline for most award nominations is February 15, 2020. Please visit individual award pages for detailed award descriptions, selection criteria, eligibility requirements, deadlines, and nomination forms. For questions, contact Dassia Posner, Vice President for Awards, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New this year
- Updated and clarified award descriptions
- Simplified and standardized nomination processes
- More transparent information on procedures and award notifications
- Ellen Stewart Career Achievement in Professional Theatre
- Career Achievement in Academic Theatre
- Oscar Brockett Outstanding Teacher of Theatre in Higher Education
- Leadership in Community-Based Theatre and Civic Engagement
- Outstanding Book (deadline: February 1)
- Outstanding Article
- Excellence in Editing (single project)
- Judith Royer Excellence in Playwriting (deadline: December 15)
- Jane Chambers Playwriting
- ATHE-ASTR Award for Excellence in Digital Scholarship
We welcome your submissions!
Dassia N. Posner, ATHE Vice President for Awards (2019-2021)