Directing Program Criteria for Ranking Conference Session Proposals
During one of our business meetings in Montreal, a suggestion was made to post the criteria by which officers of the Directing Program rank proposals submitted for conference sessions. The officers of DP have agreed upon the following criteria:
- Proposal is written clearly and compellingly.
- Proposal is complete.
- Proposal shows that author(s) have done the work of connecting with each other and coordinating their thoughts and approach.
- Session leans toward active workshop or demonstration of technique OR subject/methodology considers directing practice as research and/or addresses a connection between practice and scholarship/pedagogy.
- Proposal takes into account conference theme AND/OR proposal is of interest to membership.
- Proposals for multi-disciplinary sessions take into account all focus groups' rankings to determine selection.