Welcome to the Association for Theatre in Higher Education's Interactive Theatre Script Database
The primary purpose of the Association for Theatre in Higher Education (ATHE) database is the facilitation of access by interactive theatre companies to scripts created by other interactive theater companies for on-campus performances.
ATHE facilitates acquisition of licenses to perform interactive theatre scripts by providing access to ATHE's online database.
ATHE's online database contains:
- summaries of interactive theatre scripts provided to ATHE by the scripts' copyright holder(s);
- casting and technical requirements for performance of the scripts, also provided to ATHE by the scripts' copyright holder(s);
- contact information for the scripts' copyright holder(s); and
- contract forms for "Script Licensing Agreement," "Agreement Between ATHE and Copyright Holders of Interactive Theater Scripts," and "Copyright Release Agreement."
ATHE gratefully acknowledges the assistance of the University of Missouri-Columbia in helping to fund the creation of this database through a grant from The Chancellor's Fund for Excellence and through additional support from the Department of Theatre. The responsibility for creation and updating of this database's content, however, rests solely with ATHE.
The user of this ATHE database hereby agrees to and acknowledges the following:
- ATHE is the sole creator of this database.
- ATHE makes no representations as to the quality of the summaries or scripts or of the accuracy of the casting and technical requirements of the scripts or of the suitability of the scripts for user's purposes.
- ATHE does not screen script-related content on its database, including but not limited to the scripts themselves, the summaries of the scripts, the casting or technical requirements for performance of the scripts, or the contact information for the scripts' copyright holders.
- The quality and suitability of the scripts for on-campus performances shall be determined solely by the user.
- ATHE acts as a facilitator and not as a guarantor that the scripts offered by interactive theatre companies are free of adverse copyright claims. Copyright clearance is the responsibility of the user and the provider of scripts whose summaries appear on ATHE's online service, not the responsibility of ATHE.
- Every script's copyright holder(s), not ATHE, shall set the price and terms for users to purchase a license to perform scripts listed on ATHE's online database.
- User will hold ATHE harmless in the event of any adverse claims made against user as a result of user's performance of any interactive theater script that is listed on ATHE's online database. These adverse claims include but are not limited to libel, invasion of privacy, and copyright infringement.
- Provisions of this agreement constitute the whole agreement between ATHE and the user concerning access to ATHE's online summaries of interactive theatre scripts.