|7/27/2014 at 10:35:28 PM GMT
Dream/Wish Post-Its from the 2014 Business Meeting
The Post-It notes from our membership meeting have been transcribed and posted below. I grouped them by topic, so know that the only writing below that is mine is in all caps for the headings.
- More WTP-LGBTQ collaboration
- More co-events, esp. with WTP
- More crossover with BTA
- PARTY TIME
- More parties hosted by Kareem
- A party at every conference
- Giant cabaret with both emerging and professional artists
- More performance workshops (or any performance workshops) related to LGBTQ issues
- Devising Queer Performance workshop
- Performance/project showcacasing venue
- TOURS, EXCURSIONS
- Queer excursions in host city
- Field trips to local theatres/clubs
- In Montréal - attend gay-themed and mission theatre company
- ROCKSTAR PANEL IDEA
- The option of rockstar senior scholars in the field giving substantive feedback as respondents to all panels.
- I LOVE the bringing rockstar idea. No book club, though. What about USING their scholarship and responding?
- Recruiting and funding and flying radical QTPOC artists and activist tars for special panels.
- Darkmatter, JesTom, TWOCC, Kay Clanday Barrett, kt shorb
- Rockstar performers as well as scholars
- Split Britches
- Holly Hughes
- Lisa Kron
- Mo Angelos
- Panel with major gay/lesbian playwright - Kushner level
- Bring RuPaul to conference
- Hero panelists:
- Discussion with well-known scholars on their work in a low-key fashion - not a speech panel, but discussion group
- A focus group blog where members can post about what they've read, seen, and done
- Publishing - a low-cost collection of papers from our panels each year
- Group publishing
- The Musical Theatre/Dance focus group has a standing relationship with Studies in Musical Theatre to publish debut panel essays. I would like to do something like this!
- Start our own digital, peer-reviewed journals.
- Publication of Focus Group papers from different conferences (i.e. not one year)
- Free food. Forever.
- Lunch provided at the Biznis mtg
- MOAR FUD PLZ! (buffets or something?)
- Panel on new works (artistic and/or research) in progress - why do we only shore the final and complete? Collaborate and respond.
- Panel/space to share research being developed now and space to share related research, other resources, etc.
- More trans-identified focus group members
- Staged reading of underrepresented queer voice
- More direct interaction between graduate students and experienced leaders in the group and ATHE at large.
- Panel on lesbians in musical theatre with Stacy Wolf as respondent - co-sponsored by LGBTQ, MTR/D, and WTP!
- Roundtable book discussion
- Inclusive social events announced to everyone
- I liked manifestos
- LGBTQ playwriting award like Jane Chambers
- Live-streaming of conference for those who can't attend - or at least papers
- More theory panels
|8/4/2014 at 3:59:48 PM GMT
With the conference in Montreal next year, I would suggest a couple of possibilities for rockstar performers:
Michel Marc Bouchard
And for rockstar theorists, getting Sue Golding, who currently teaches in England, would be a real coup.