Call for Nominations: Members-at-Large and Nominating Committee Member
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
Update: Nominations have now closed, and information will be available for the Focus Group Representatives to review by June 15.
Nominations are due by June 1 for the following positions in ATHE leadership: Member-at- Large, Liaison to Focus Group Representatives; Member-at-Large, Liaison to Finance Committee; and Member, Nominating Committee.
Every year, during the annual conference, the Focus Group Representatives (FGRs) elect people to fill two open Member-at-Large (MAL) positions as part of the Governing Council and one person as a member of the Nominating Committee.
This is the second year for using a new nominations and elections process to expand the potential field of candidates for these positions. Nominations are being solicited as follows:
1) A Focus Group Representative may nominate one person for each open MAL position and one person for a member on the Nominating Committee.
The FGR shall:
2) Interested candidates from the general membership wishing to self-nominate may do so by
- Contact the potential candidate to confirm that the person is willing to stand for either the MAL for Finance, the MAL for Focus Group Representatives or as a member of the Nominating Committee ;
- Request that the person send a photo, 100 word biography and 100 word vision statement to Chase Waites, MAL for Outreach, email@example.com, with a copy to the ATHE office at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1.
- indicating the position desired: MAL for Finance, the MAL for Focus Group Representatives or as a member of the Nominating Committee ;
- sending a photo, a 100 word biography and a 100 word vision statement to Chase Waites, Member-at-Large for Outreach (email@example.com) and the ATHE office firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1.
During the Focus Group Representative meeting on Wednesday, July 23, the FGRs will vote to elect the Member-at-Large, Liaison to Finance and the Member-at-Large, Liaison for Focus Group Representatives, and one member to the Nominating Committee. The person receiving the most votes for each position will be declared the duly elected MAL or member of the Nominating Committee. The incoming MAL for Finance and the MAL for FGRs will be introduced at the ATHE Annual Membership Meeting on Saturday, July 26, 2014, at 10:00 am – 11:45 am.
Please contact Nancy Erickson, ATHE Executive Director, with any questions (email@example.com).