- Career Development
|BTA Member News|
|Group HomeGroup PagesDirectory & Features Join Group|
BTA Member News
Here are some recent accomplishments and activities of current BTA members.
• Daniel Banks edited the anthology Say Word: Voices from Hip Hop Theater, published by the University of Michigan Press. This is the first critcal anthology of Hip Hop Theater plays. Click here for more information.
• Jonathan Shandell's essay "How Black Do You Want It? Countee Cullen and the Contest for Racial Authenticity on Page and Stage" was published in anthology Authentic Blackness/"Real" Blacknesspublished by Peter Lang (Martin Japtok and Rafiki Jenkins, eds.).
• Patrick Sims was featured in a recent article in On Wisconsin about his solo performance entitled Ten Perfect. You can read the article here.
• Harvey Young’s book Embodying Black Experience: Stillness, Critical Memory, and the Black Body has been published by the University of Michigan Press.
• Baron Kelly was recently inducted into the National Theatre Conference in New York. In November, he toured Taiwan and China, giving lectures/perforamnces at six different universities.
BTA members should email Denise J. Hart, Secretary at denisetheatre@aolcom, with updates for this page. Please include relevant hyperlinks when available.