CFP ATHE 2015: Faith & Reason
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

10/14/2014 at 10:20:36 PM GMT
CFP ATHE 2015: Faith & Reason

Hi There Religion and Theatre folks,

I am hoping to put together a panel on the topic of "Faith & Reason", however that may be applicable to your research and/or creative scholarship.  My contribution will be a paper with staged reading excerpts of an original play I am devising this year at the University of Dayton, titled (ir)reconcilable: faith & reason(ir)reconcilable will be scripted from interview narratives gathered by way of story circle events that bring together people of diverse faith backgrounds and scholarly disciplines to engage the question of how well our community is creating dialogical space for a multitude of faith traditions to be valued on our Marianist Catholic campus.  I am particularly interested in assessing the climate for the influx of Muslim students that have joined the community in recent years and reflect on "I remember" as it appears in the interview narratives we collect about remembering "home," and first impressions of the United States for international students.  "Reason" will be explored in the performance as I recount the play's attempts to intellectualize spiritual experience, to translate the ineffable into language. 

If you have a paper or staged reading to complement this one, please email me at: mhayford1@udayton.edu with your ideas asap (I'm jumping in here a bit late in the game!). 

Thank you!

Michelle Hayford

Director, Theatre Program

Associate Professor of Theatre

University of Dayton

© 2018 Association for Theatre in Higher Education (ATHE). All rights reserved.
1000 Westgate Drive, Suite 252 | St. Paul, MN 55114 | Phone: 800.918.9216 or 651.288.3430 | Fax: 651.290.2266