Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

7/27/2014 at 2:23:12 PM GMT
Possibilities
Stage Managers and Directors

7/27/2014 at 2:24:20 PM GMT
This came up in a round table discussion. The role of the stage manager in facilitating the creative teams work

8/6/2014 at 12:32:24 PM GMT
A panel discussing the role and use of interns. Exploitation or apprenticeship? How do we balance the educational aspects of hands on learning without exploiting students? This could be a good panel that could pull in people from other Focus Groups, so maybe a good Multi Disciplinary panel. (someone mentioned that for next year MD panels need only 2 focus groups to endorse rather than 3)

Designers and their relationships with playwrights and directors - and not just on one production, but the long term relationship over multiple productions.

Women Theater Designers - How have they been treated over time? How has it changed?

-A panel about the trend of replacing tenure track faculty with staff or adjuncts/lecturers.

10/24/2014 at 7:21:48 PM GMT
Challenges and Issues with TT Faculty replacements with staff/adjuncts

Hi,
I'm the conference planner for TLA and I saw the last panel suggestions on replacing TT with staff/adjuncts. I think this would be a good MD session with TLA, if anyone is interested in developing this further, please let me know.

Shawna Mefferd Kelty

Last edited Friday, October 24, 2014
9/18/2015 at 5:55:44 PM GMT
Internship Idea
Quote:
Originally posted by D. Massman, Siena College:
A panel discussing the role and use of interns. Exploitation or apprenticeship? How do we balance the educational aspects of hands on learning without exploiting students? This could be a good panel that could pull in people from other Focus Groups, so maybe a good Multi Disciplinary panel. (someone mentioned that for next year MD panels need only 2 focus groups to endorse rather than 3)

Designers and their relationships with playwrights and directors - and not just on one production, but the long term relationship over multiple productions.

Women Theater Designers - How have they been treated over time? How has it changed?

-A panel about the trend of replacing tenure track faculty with staff or adjuncts/lecturers.

Please let me know if the intern idea goes forward. I could present an interesting case study on how I formalized our ongoing internship program with the Metropolitan Opera. I worked with the Met staff and the student to create learning objectives and a project-based "final" that will be presented to UConn and the Met at the end of the semester.

Thanks,

Dale Edwards
University of Connecticut 

10/5/2015 at 4:58:10 PM GMT
Would anyone like to co-sponsor a multi-disciplinary panel with me/Music Theatre/Dance on the following topic:

"'Just remember lasers are expensive': Automated labor on and off
stage":
I'm imagining a series presenting papers in the mode of
Christin Essin's piece on how technology like Tharon Musser's lighting
board for Chorus Line replaced (or at least changed) human labor.

Doug Reside (dougreside@gmail.com)

© 2018 Association for Theatre in Higher Education (ATHE). All rights reserved.
1000 Westgate Drive, Suite 252 | St. Paul, MN 55114 | Phone: 800.918.9216 or 651.288.3430 | Fax: 651.290.2266